Facilitating cleanly is a craft and like all crafts there are ‘hidden’ skills that turn a technique into an art form. This series of online workshops explores what happens below the surface, behind the scenes, and inside the mind-body of some of the most experienced clean facilitators on the planet.
How do they model symbolically? What do they pay attention to and what do they ignore? How do they relate to the client, their inner world and themselves cleanly? How do they get exceptional results even though they are using the same questions as a beginner?
Penny and James will reveal all!
- Get lost when facilitating and get that ‘frozen in the headlights’ feeling?
- Not know what to do when a client appears stuck or going round in circles?
- Wonder how to proceed when your client ‘does not go into metaphor’?
- Get overwhelmed by the amount of information the client provides?
- Wonder if it is really possible to facilitate from a place of ‘not knowing’?
- Consider if what you are doing is actually working for the client?
Then these series of workshops are for you.
Each series is designed around FOUR modules:
- Series 1: How do you know what question to ask? (recorded workshops)
- Series 2: The stucture of desire (current live workshop series)
Join us for a series and ...:
- Attend live or view the recordings of the online workshops
- Access the library of pre- and post-workshop resources
- Learn from bonus material that is not available elsewhere
- Ask questions and take part in series-related discussions
These are not an introductory training in Clean Language and Symbolic Modelling. We expect you to have a familiarity with the basic ideas and practices.
Information about how to ask Clean Language questions, work with clients’ metaphors and make use of the Problem-Remedy-Outcome (PRO) model is available here.
If you are new to the field, we recommend you learn the basics from one of the many experienced Clean Language trainers around the world or from Penny and James’ online course. Once you sign up for InsideClean, you will be eligible for a 50% discount for Penny and James' course.
Penny Tompkins and James Lawley are co-developers of Symbolic Modelling and leading authorities on the use of David Grove’s Clean Language and self-generated metaphor for personal and professional development.
Penny and James are married and based in London where run The Developing Company. They are dedicated to developing the developers of others and enjoy facilitating people to see the repeating patterns in their lives, to recognise how these patterns can change, and to trust what emerges.
Their book, Metaphors in Mind was the first comprehensive guide to Symbolic Modelling and Clean Language which they also introduce in an Online Course. James’ latest book (with Marian Way), Insights in Space is the first to be dedicated to Clean Space.
Over 200 of their articles and blogs are freely available at cleanlanguage.co.uk.
Our deepest appreciation goes to David Grove (1950-2008), the originator of Clean Language and the source of all the subsequent developments to emerge in the world of Clean.
How do I access the material?
Within your dashboard each segment of a module is shown as a lesson. You can review the material online and most of the lessons can be downloaded.
Do I have enough experience to join?
You will get most out of our time together if you are already familiar with:
* Asking Clean Language questions
* Working with clients’ metaphors;
* Using the Problem-Remedy-Outcome (PRO) model.
Information about these topics is available at: insideclean.thinkific.com/pages/experience-required
If you are not sure if your prior experience is sufficient, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if I can't make a live workshop?
All workshops are recorded and you will have unlimited access to the recordings and other materials – providing you with a rich resource for continued learning.
Recordings and privacy
All live workshops are recorded and will be added to the InsideClean portal for current and future members. By joining us you consent to being recorded. However, you have the choice to turn off your webcam so that you will not be visible in the recording.