Question: What do ‘specialised’, ‘contextual’ and ‘conditional’ all have in common?
Answer: They are all used to describe a subset of Clean Language questions used occasionally when the logic of a client’s metaphor permits.
While modelling David Grove we noticed he would ask a small number of ‘basic’ questions over and over. Yet there were other questions he used much less frequently. By tracking when David asked these questions it became clear he was responding to the logic inherent in the client’s information – not just the words the client used but what was presupposed. We called them ‘specialised' Clean Language questions. Later they were also known as ‘contextual' or ‘conditional' questions, because asking them cleanly depends on the application or on what is happening in the client’s landscape.
During the fourth workshop in this series we will reveal how we listen to the inherent logic and what prompts us to ask a specialised question – and still remain clean.
You may have heard of them, but have you looked in-depth into:
- When you're justified in asking one on behalf of the client’s metaphor landscape?
- When and how you might use them repeatedly?
- And when not to ask them?
We’ll also cover why these clean questions are particularly useful in other applications, such as Clean Language Interviewing.
- You can participate in this workshop without having been part of workshops 1, 2 or 3. And you can also join us as a member to receive access to all 2019 workshops within the theme 'How do you know what question to ask?' -
You will get the most out of our time together if you are already familiar with:
- Asking Clean Language questions
- Working with clients' metaphors
- The Problem-Remedy-Outcome (PRO) model.
Links to information about these topics is available here.
- Welcome to Workshop-4
- How to use this platform
- Tell us a little about yourself
- Your preparation for Oct 28th, 2019
- List of Specialised Clean Questions
- Your pre-work answers
- How to join us
- The replay of workshop-4 (90 minutes)
- Workshop-4: Video clip & transcript
- Workshop-4: Copy of slides
- Conditions and Purpose of 14 Specialised Clean Questions
- Specialised Clean Questions - Sample answers to breakout activity
- Specialised Clean Questions - Other examples
- Other post-workshop resources
Your joining fee is for this workshop only (choose the Membership option if you want access to the whole series)
$197.00With the InsideClean Membership option, you can make use of all four workshops in the 2019 series, and access all the new bonus material as we release it.