In the first two workshops we explored how to model a client’s information and how to calibrate their responses. Our third workshop will cover how to deliver your questions so they have maximum ‘oomph’.
David Grove said “Clean questions have an 'oomph factor' which enhances psychoactivity and distinguishes them from other questions.” How we deliver our questions can increase or diminish the oomph factor.
Questions with oomph engage a client’s attention and then invite them to go on a quest for self-knowledge. The way you deliver your questions helps the client to create experience, right then and there. It facilitates them to access an inner world populated by meaningful symbols. Questions with oomph help stabilise attention, enliven relationships between symbols and shine light into unexplored corners. They can reverberate around a client’s system for days, weeks or even years.
To maximise oomph as a facilitator you need to become aware of how you use you voice and your body, and how your choice of words invite clients to create the kinds of experiences that generate new perspectives, creative solutions and emergent knowledge.
We’ve discovered that oomph depends on six key factors which we’ll illustrate during the workshop with real-life examples.
And oomph doesn’t only operate in a coaching or therapeutic setting, it makes a difference in everyday, conversational clean questions too.
During the third online live workshop we will delve into the factors that make a difference to how you ask questions. And you’ll also get to practice these skills.
- You can participate in this workshop without having been part of workshops 1 & 2. And you can still subscribe to the membership to receive access to all 2019 workshops within the theme 'How do you know what question to ask?' -
You will get the most out of our time together if you are already familiar with:
- Asking Clean Language questions
- Working with clients' metaphors
- The Problem-Remedy-Outcome (PRO) model.
Links to information about these topics is available here.
- Welcome to Workshop-3
- How to use this platform
- Tell us a little about yourself
- Your preparation for July 1st, 2019
- Your pre-work answers
- How to join us
- Workshop 3: Pre-work - Our answers
- Workshop-3: video clips
- Workshop-3: Transcripts of video clips
- Workshop-3: Copy of slides
- Yes! So happy to do this with you. Here's what's next...
- Even more resources for you
- Before you go..
Your joining fee is for this workshop only (choose the Membership option if you want access to the whole series)
$197.00With the InsideClean Membership option, you can take part in all four live workshops in 2019, and access all the new bonus material as we release it.